NEED AN INTRODUCTION?
MONTHLY WORKSHOPSThe WepWoppers will soon be hosting free monthly workshops in Austin, TX. Sign up to receive details on how to participate.
SIGN UP HERE.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Oscar Casares Interview!! http://weputwordsonpaper.com/2011/05/30/oscar-casares-interview/ 6 years ago
- Black Metal Writing: http://j.mp/iyzYpj 6 years ago
- RT @BrandonNey: @WePWoppers Writing another draft of short story (1000 words) #wepwopgoals 6 years ago
- RT @TheMightySmythe: @WePWoppers Another 500 words would be amazing...but, really, I'm shooting for just an outline :) #wepwopgoals 6 years ago
- RT @PortraitOfALady: Finishing first draft of latest spec piece on mythical human evolution from sea turtles for @WePWoppers workshop. ... 6 years ago
Author Archives: elizabethpoppy
I often think of writing stories as a wide, slow-moving river. At first, the water is smooth and still. It’s a beautiful, warm day. Prospects seem high. But every word makes a wave. The further you travel in your story, … Continue reading
Someone told me the other day that he has never reread a book. The idea jarred me. I serially reread my most favorite novels and find enjoyment in each experience. I love reading and experiencing new stories and discovering new authors. … Continue reading
Poetry… The word doesn’t usually inspire visions of crowded bars, microphones and especially cheering, but that’s exactly what a few WepWoppers found last Tuesday night at the Austin Art Authority. As you can see, we’ve been busy visiting the local … Continue reading
Recently, we wordistas at We Put Words on Paper realized something wildly obvious: we’ve never posted our original work on this blog dedicated to writing! *GASP* So what better way to introduce the majority of our members than posting work … Continue reading
Write What You Know… Is there any phrase uttered more in creative writing circles? A seemingly easy phrase to understand, why is it that when we sit down to “write what we know” nothing happens? All of our experiences are … Continue reading
An amazing, miraculous festival happened this week. You might even have heard of it: SXSCongress Literary Extravaganza, hosted by our very own writing group, We Put Words on Paper. I realize you’re all thinking: A Literary Extravaganza while the biggest music festival in … Continue reading
We’ve all done it… You write a poem or paint a picture and you’re so proud of it that you hide it away so that no one can “judge” it. It’s an understandable fear. Creating is about putting yourself out … Continue reading